Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chilled Avocado Soup
- Prep time 12 mins
This is a very rich and creamy soup that is best served chilled. It makes an awesome appetizer and is a great treat on a hot day.
- Add avocado, onion, lime juice, orange juice, water and fennel to blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, yogurt, salt and pepper. Avoid over stirring as it will breakdown the yogurt.
- Transfer to storage a container and chill. Once chilled serve with orange zest or freshly chopped mint for garnish.
- Try adding some paprika or chilli powder for some spice
- Serve with a dollop of French vanilla yogurt for a little sweetness
- Add a scoop of cottage cheese for a balance meal
- For a great chip or veggie dip, add 2 parts avocado soup to 1 part salsa