Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Zucchini & Ricotta Soup
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
Leave a Review
Wonderfully rich and textured, this super easy soup is very elegant and an awesome way to impress at a dinner party.
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
- Place the zucchini, onion, and garlic onto a cookie sheet or roasting pan and drizzle with a little canola oil. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the onions and garlic are golden brown. Do not burn.
- While the veggies are in the oven, let’s work on the sun-dried tomatoes. Put them into a bowl and then pour the boiled water over top and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes but reserve the water. Now carefully chop the tomatoes up so they are nice little bites and set aside.
- Once cooked, place the veggies into a blender or food processor along with the reserved water and puree until semi-smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot and then stir in the ricotta, sun-dried tomato, sage and salt, bring up to heat, but do not boil as it will splatter everywhere.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Pine nuts or cashews are a wonderful addition to these Mediterranean flavours.
- Reserve a little of the tomatoes and roasted zucchini along with a dollop of ricotta to garnish the plated soup if you are looking to impress.