Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Watermelon Chia Fresca
- Prep time 10 mins
Leave a Review
Super refreshing, this “fresca” is a take on a popular Mexican beverage where chia seeds are soaked in sweetened lemon/lime water. Instead of water, we are using watermelon and it is delicioso!
- This is a tough one folks I know. Add the watermelon to the blender.
- Add the lime juice to the blender.
- Add the chia seeds to the blender.
- Turn the blender on and puree until smooth.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes so the chia seeds gel and it will be ready for the patio!
- P.S. I added each ingredient as a step to make it look like this was a substantial recipe. ?
- Before juicing the lime you could zest it and add that to the blender as well.
- Add 1 cup of plain yogurt to make a creamy version.