Raspberry Lemongrass Iced Tea
This is a great way to get your liquid on a hot summer day, although I drink it year round! Lemongrass, long used as a natural medicine for a number of ailments also tastes fantastic when brewed. So give this recipe a try to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Add the water and lemongrass to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the chopped lemongrass and add the rooibis tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes. You can use a large tea steeper if you have one.
- Now add the lemon juice and zest, the raspberries and the basil (if using) and give a good stir mashing the raspberries up well.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer and into a metal or glass pitcher. Push as much of the juice and flavour out of the solid ingredients as possible.
- Serve the tea warm or chill the tea in the fridge for a few hours. Serve for a party or enjoy over the next day or two as a nice drink. If you want it cold and need it quicker, just add ice. Although adding ice will dilute the tea and make it weaker!
- PREP 5 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- You can also try using different teas or none at all in place of the rooibis if you care to try. Chamomile, jasmine or green tea would all work.