Raspberry Lemongrass Iced Tea
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This is a great way to get your liquid on a hot summer day, although I drink it year round! Lemongrass, long used as a natural medicine for a number of ailments also tastes fantastic when brewed. So give this recipe a try to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Add the water and lemongrass to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the chopped lemongrass and add the rooibis tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes. You can use a large tea steeper if you have one.
- Now add the lemon juice and zest, the raspberries and the basil (if using) and give a good stir mashing the raspberries up well.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer and into a metal or glass pitcher. Push as much of the juice and flavour out of the solid ingredients as possible.
- Serve the tea warm or chill the tea in the fridge for a few hours. Serve for a party or enjoy over the next day or two as a nice drink. If you want it cold and need it quicker, just add ice. Although adding ice will dilute the tea and make it weaker!
You can also try using different teas or none at all in place of the rooibis if you care to try. Chamomile, jasmine or green tea would all work.