Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Green Peppercorn Bison Sauté
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
This is a super simple recipe using Country Grocer bison sausage and firm textured green peppercorns.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat and add a little oil and then the bison sausage.
- Brown the sausage all over and then add the green pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes more.
- Now add the green peppercorns and a little bit of the brine liquid from the jar.
- Add the tomato sauce and the diced tomato and make sure to release any brown bits off from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the sausages are cooked all the way through (about 20 minutes).
- Serve on top of your favourite grain and enjoy.
- Add ½ cup of plain yogurt to the fry pan once the sausage is cooked and stir in for some healthy creaminess.
- Add a couple of extra veggies into this dish to boost your vitamin and mineral content. Fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage. Take your pick.