Funny story about wild rice…its not rice. It is actually a seed! Higher in protein than rice and also high in B vitamins, fibre and good carbs, wild rice makes for a great addition to your diet.
- Rinse the wild rice well, drain and then add the 4 cups of boiling water. Season the water with some salt.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 45 minutes and then check the rice for your desired doneness/texture.
- Once finished, strain any remaining liquid, season and/or butter and serve with your favourite protein and lots of veggies.
- Cooked wild rice can also be added to soups, stews and stir-fry’s!
- PREP 2 mins
- COOK 45 mins
- Add more than just salt if you want some more flavour out of your wild rice. Lots of spices go well and work nicely in adding flavour. See what your favourite creation is.