Millet is a wonderful grain and its not just for the birds. Commonly the main ingredient in bird seed, millet is also great for human consumption. Its got a very nice texture, similar to couscous, and works well in place of any rice.
- Preheat a medium pot on medium heat. Add the millet and stirring regularly, toast the millet until it lightly browns.
- Now carefully add the water or broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with lots of veggies and your favourite protein.
- PREP 2 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- You can spice it up by adding spices such as turmeric, curry powder and chilli powder to give a flavour boost.
- Tomato sauce is a very nice compliment to millet as well.