Red lentils are a super quick cooking legume ready in 10 minutes or less! So they are perfect for that last minute healthy addition to a meal. They are very high in protein, 3rd overall as far as plant based foods go and they are high in iron, vita
- Give your lentils a rinse and then drain very well. Add to a small pot with the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat and let the lentils sit until all or most of the water is absorbed.
- Give a good stir and then serve with your favourite protein, and lots of veggies. This is also a natural fit for curry dishes and soups alike or use in place of rice in stir-fry’s or noodles in pasta.
- PREP 3 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- You can use broth instead of water to bump up the flavour, but I like adding spices. Cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, chilli powder etc. Add in anywhere from ¼ to 1 teaspoon depending on your taste preferences and see what flavours you like best.