Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
It is pretty tough to beat a perfectly cooked rack of lamb for taste and flavour and this crust recipe creates an awesome texture which makes for an amazing piece of meat.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle in the butter while stirring and continue stirring until incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- For the cleanest presentation, scrape any remaining fat off the bones of the rack with a sharp knife. Also remove any excess fat off of the meat.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat. Add a drop of oil and then add the rack. Brown meat nicely on all parts of the meat and then transfer to a cutting board or plate.
- Place lamb with the curve of the bones pointing down and then spread the Dijon mustard all over the meat.
- Now press as much crust mixture onto the mustard as it will hold and then transfer the lamb back to the fry pan (if it is oven proof) or to a roasting pan.
- Insert a probe thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, place into the oven and roast to desired doneness. For perfect medium rare, pull the lamb from the oven when the rack reaches 135° F (the temp will continue to rise to about 140° F), cover and keep in a warm place for 7 minutes.
- Now you can cut the lamb into pieces following the bone with your knife and then serve with your favourite sides.
- Add some extra flavour to the crust with ½ teaspoon toasted and ground cumin or coriander seed.
- This crust will also work on a boneless skinless chicken breast.
Reviews on "Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb" (1)