Cobble Hill – Part-Time Cake Decorator
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Cobble Hill – Part-Time Cake Decorator
Location Name: Cobble Hill
Our Cobble Hill team is eager to welcome a new Part-Time Cake Decorator! If you’re a creative individual with a passion for yummy baked goods, we “knead” to meet you! Join our Country Grocer Family!
Enjoy a 15% Team Member Discount and an inclusive, welcoming workplace culture. We specifically are looking for someone who can work Fridays and Saturdays, with the possibility of more hours in the future.
- Bake and decorate sweet and savoury items in our bakery
- Provide premier customer service by greeting customers and responding to questions, and making recommendations when needed
- Ensure all prepared bakery items are properly labelled, covered and rotated, and that shelves are stocked
- Process special orders on an as-needed basis
- Prepare and package cookies, cakes and bread, ice donuts and decorate cakes
- Perform other duties as required
What makes you a great candidate?
- A creative flair and artistic ability to create and decorate cakes
- A friendly, outgoing personality to ensure customer satisfaction and drive repeat business
- Previous cake decorating experience would be considered an asset; and formal schooling in a similar field would be highly desirable
- Level 1 Baking an asset, but not required
- Food Safe Certification would be an asset; however, you will be required to obtain certification upon successful hire with costs covered by Country Grocer
- Excellent customer service, time management and multitasking skills
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
The Compensation and Perks
- Paid sick days
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
Wait, there’s more!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements
- Store discount
- Training opportunities (Food Safe, First Aid, etc.)
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cobble Hill, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Interested? Click apply for this job!