Job Title: Deli Clerk
Location Name: Esquimalt
Apply Before Date:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member; contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel Like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhancing our customer shopping experience and team working environment.
We’re looking for fun, enthusiastic, and team driven individuals to be a part of our ever-growing team.
Our Esquimalt store is looking for a Full-Time or Part-Time Deli Clerk! This position is offering a variety of hours and requires flexibility to work various shifts.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare a wide variety of deli meats, cheese, party trays, fresh salads, deli sandwiches and hot and cold entrees
- Ensure all prepared items will properly labeled, covered and rotated
- Ensure excellent good quality, quantity, freshness and presentation
- Provide excellent customer service to our loyal customer base
What makes you a great candidate?
- Food prep experience is a strong asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and capacity to work as part of a team
- Food Safe certification would be highly desirable, however, upon successful hire Country Grocer will cover the cost of certification
Just some of the great perks we offer when you join our family include:
- Positive work environment – A work environment that includes a wage package based on hours and performance
- Recognition programs – We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer. Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts – All team members receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social! – We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within – We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules – Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings