Job Title: Grocery Clerk
Location Name: Royal Oak
Apply Before Date:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member; contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel Like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhancing our customer shopping experience and team working environment.
We’re looking for fun, enthusiastic, and team driven individuals to be a part of our ever-growing team.
There is an opening for a part-time Grocery Clerk for our Royal Oak store. This position is offering 16-24 hours per week and requires availability to work evenings and weekends.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our loyal customers in addition to, receiving, stocking, facing and rotating of products.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Previous grocery store or retail experience is an asset
- Physical ability to bend, twist and lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis and stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Excellent communication skills – customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to self-motivate and be a team player
- Appropriate time management skills
- Flexible availability for shifts
Just some of the great perks we offer when you join our family include:
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings
- Positive work environment– A work environment that includes a wage packages based on hours and performance
- Recognition programs– We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer. Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts– All team members will receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social!– We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within– We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules– Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
- Orientation, training, and feedback– We provide start packages along with at least one performance review a year. We also provide customer service training and opportunities for professional development and company sponsored external training to obtain your Food Safe and First Aid certification