Meat Cutter (Full-time)
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Meat Cutter (Full-time)
Location Name: Duncan
Country Grocer at Duncan is looking for a Meat Cutter (FULL-TIME) to join our family! The Meat Department is responsible for providing a “WOW” factor to our eye-catching and mouth-watering displays, and supremely helpful service that awes our customers.
Country Grocer a family-owned and operated company on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island for over three decades has earned a reputation as a truly local company with a deep commitment to our local communities and to Island’s farmers, growers, and producers.
- Cutting, slicing, preparing and wrapping meat
- Stocking shelves, rotating and facing products, building displays
- Ensuring that high standards are maintained for all safety issues
- Performing other duties as required
- No experience necessary – we are willing to train you!
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Standing for long periods of time, or duration of shift
- Able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion and up to 35lbs regularly
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
- Will be exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Full extended health benefits package at 6 months
- Self-directed RRSP and company matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick days
Our amazing perks!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements