Apply for this Job
Job Title: Cashier (Part-time)
Location Name: Esquimalt
Country Grocer at Esquimalt is looking for a Cashier (PART-TIME) to join our family! The front-end team work-life mission is to give our customer the best possible experience that they can’t stop themselves of coming back.
Country Grocer a family-owned and operated company on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island for over three decades has earned a reputation as a truly local company with a deep commitment to our local communities and to Island’s farmers, growers, and producers.
- Process customer’s grocery orders efficiently and accurately
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Learn product codes and differentiate between products
- Issue receipts, refunds, and credits
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly checkout area
- Other duties as required
- Related retail experience is an asset but not required
- No work experience is welcome to apply
- Ability to safely bend, twist, and lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety procedures
- A high-level of motivation and a proactive attitude
- Desire to provide outstanding customer service and to comply with established department procedures and safe work practice
- A willingness to learn and openness to coaching and feedback
- Ability to work (Weekends, Flexible shifts)
- Amenable to work (18-24 hours)
Our amazing perks!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements