Part-time Scanning Clerk: Pricing and File Maintenance EXTRAORDINAIRE!
Job Title: Part-time Scanning Clerk: Pricing and File Maintenance EXTRAORDINAIRE!
Location Name: Royal Oak
Apply Before Date:
Scanning Clerk?! What’s a Scanning Clerk!?
Every product in Country Grocer has a code, but did you know it takes a tremendous person to make the codes scan?
Well if you’re the juggling, prioritizing, mind reading, common sense, roll with the punches, cool, calm, collected,computer savvy, data and numbers kind of person, then this might be the job for you!
Our Royal Oak location is looking to welcome a new part-time Scanning Clerk to our family and we hope you’re that person.
Keep reading to know more!
Who we are:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team working environment, family is always top of mind.
- Ability to work an alternating weekend schedule (Saturday and Sunday every second weekend)
- Available to cover holidays as required
Some of what you will do:
- Use required computer applications, databases and pricing software to ensure that all product barcodes at Country Grocer scan with correct pricing
- Ensure that displayed product pricing matches with computer database and warehouse pricing; ensure that all applicable data is transferred to POS system
- Ensure that pricing data is correctly imputed and that price changes are up to date
- Monitor for discontinued or obsolete products and delete products from computer database as required
- Create, print and maintain shelf and in-store signage related to pricing
- Perform other duties as required
What we need from you:
- A heightened attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A high level of motivation and a proactive attitude
- A willingness to learn new processes and an openness to coaching and feedback
- A desire to work in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude combined with discretion when working with confidential information
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience related to general administrative duties and a familiarity with databases
- A desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience with sorting data
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to safely bend, twist and lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to sit or stand for the duration of scheduled shift
- Ability to comply with established department procedures and safe work practices
Just some of the great perks we offer when you join our family include:
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings
- Positive work environment – A work environment that includes a wage packages based on hours and performance
- Recognition programs – We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer
- Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts – All team members receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social! – We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within – We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules – Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
- Orientation, training, and feedback – We provide start packages along with at least one performance review a year. We also provide customer service training and opportunities for professional development and company sponsored external training to obtain your Food Safe and First Aid certification