Salt Spring Full-time Baker (Accommodations can be provided)
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Salt Spring Full-time Baker (Accommodations can be provided)
Location Name: Salt Spring Island
Salt Spring Country Grocer is looking for a new Full-time Baker to join their fantastic team! The Baker is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Baker must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The Baker must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- In-shop training within a scratch bakery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of food safe handling required.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Regular use of proofer & mixers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must turn off cell phone and leave in coat/locker during shift.
- This position requires 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the bakery department
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and bakery appliances.
- Work and operate department machinery safely.
- Know and practice safety and food safe regulations
- Very generous staff discount
- Full benefits (for full time employees)
- Pension plan
- Great work environment
- Accommodations can be provided
Please contact Leah (Human Resources Manager) at 250-537-9893 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this Job Back to Job Postings