Part-time Deli Clerk
Job Title: Part-time Deli Clerk
Location Name: Esquimalt
Apply Before Date:
Are you a reliable, enthusiastic and motivated team player? Does the idea of creating fresh, top quality deli sandwiches and cheese platters have you salivating? If so, then this may be the perfect job opportunity for you! Our Esquimalt store is looking to welcome a new part-time Deli Clerk to our team! Our ideal candidate will bring their passion for delivering outstanding customer service and a “get the job done” attitude.
Who we are:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team working environment, family is always top of our mind.
- This position requires an open and flexible schedule with both weekday and weekend availability.
- This position requires the ability to start as early as 5:00 am
- This position requires ability to work opening and closing shifts on a regular basis
What we need from you:
- A desire to provide outstanding customer service to our loyal customers
- A high level of motivation and a proactive attitude
- A heightened attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- An ability to prioritize multiple tasks, follow directions and manage time
- A willingness to work both autonomously and with at team
- A desire to comply with established department procedures and safe work practices
Some of what you will do:
- Prepare, package, weigh and price a wide variety of deli meats and cheeses, party trays, fresh salads, deli sandwiches and hot and cold entrees
- Ensure all prepared items are properly labeled, covered and rotated
- Ensure excellent good quality, quantity, freshness and presentation
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 1 years of Deli or equivalent experience is preferred
- Current Food Safe certification is an asset, however Country Grocer will cover the cost of certification upon successful hire
- Ability to safely bend, twist, reach and lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to walk and stand for the duration of scheduled shift
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment and follow all established safety procedures
Here are some of the perks we have to offer:
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements
A note regarding our response to COVID-19:
The safety and wellness of our Team Members is our absolute priority. We are dedicated to monitoring new information closely, implementing all precautions, following regular cleaning and sanitizing practices, and communicating with our Team Members to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings