Job Title: Meat Cutter
Location Name: Cobble Hill
Apply Before Date:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member; contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel Like Family”which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhancing our customer shopping experience and team working environment.
We’re looking for fun, enthusiastic, and team driven individuals to be a part of our ever-growing team.
The Cobble Hill store has an opening for a Part-Time Meat Cutter. This position involves assisting with cutting, preparing, and wrapping meat, order placement, receiving, stocking, facing and rotating of products.
What makes you a great candidate?
- A minimum of 1 year previous meat cutting experience preferred
- The capability to start as early as 5:00am and work with minimal supervision
- The capacity to work in a cold and wet environment performing repetitive motions with a variety of equipment
- The ability to lift heavy items on a regular basis
- Excellent customer service, time management and multitasking skills
- A strong attention to detail and eye for quality
- Food Safe certification is an asset, otherwise, you will be required to obtain upon successful hire with cost covered by Country Grocer
- Enthusiasm and capacity to work as part of a team
Just some of the great perks we offer when you join our family include:
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings
- Positive work environment– A work environment that includes a wage package based on hours and performance
- Benefits– We have a comprehensive benefit package for our eligible full-time team members that includes MSP, extended health, dental, disability and life insurance, plus a RRSP program where you and the company both contribute
- Recognition programs– We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer. Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts– All team members will receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social!– We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within– We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules– Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
- Orientation, training, and feedback– We provide start packages along with at least one performance review a year. We also provide customer service training and opportunities for professional development and company sponsored external training to obtain your Food Safe and First Aid certification