Lake Cowichan Accounting Clerk
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Lake Cowichan Accounting Clerk
Location Name: Lake Cowichan
Are you a recent accounting graduate looking for an opportunity to grow a career with an incredible company? Are you looking to gain experience in an accounting setting? Are you a natural with numbers and have an eye for detail? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Country Grocer is looking for a positive, energetic, detail-oriented Accounting Clerk to join us at our Lake Cowichan Store. This position is either part-time or full-time, working from our Lake Cowichan Store. The right fit is someone who is confident, proactive and professional.
We think of our team as a second family and wholeheartedly believe you should enjoy where you work and the people you work with!
As Accounting Clerk, your job encompasses some of the following:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices.
- Ensure invoices are authorized, mathematically correct, prices verified and purchases reconciled.
- Issue vendor payments and reconcile vendor statements.
- Resolve payment discrepancies and disputes
- Perform daily sales & cash sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Receivable.
- Process invoices, issue monthly statements, record cash receipts and monitor outstanding debt.
- Carry out other accounting related tasks as required
Additionally, we’d like to see these things in you:
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Multi tasker that can assist with the accounting demands for a busy grocery stores
- You have high standards when it comes to details and problem solving
- You can work independently but also enjoy team collaboration
- You value kindness and seek to work in a supportive and inclusive environment
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in accounting preferred or equivalent work experience
- Grocery or retail experience would be considered a strong asset
Please direct your detailed cover letter and resume to Sandy Bourassa at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d be a great addition to Lake Cowichan Country Grocer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply for this Job Back to Job Postings