Full-time Human Resources Advisor
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Full-time Human Resources Advisor
Location Name: Nanaimo
We think of our team as a second family and wholeheartedly believe that you should enjoy where you work and the people you work with! Our HR department has been built with the core foundations of accountability, consistency of practice, collaboration and trust. We are a group of 4 HR professionals passionate about everything HR and ensuring that Country Grocer continues to be the best place to work.
The Country Grocer HR Department is looking for the right professional to fill the role of Human Resources Advisor, North Island. Based out of our Nanaimo stores, the HR Advisor, North Island will work report to the HR Manager, North Island and will provide full generalist support to our two Nanaimo stores. The right fit is someone who is confident, proactive, professional, detail oriented and people-focused. Being a highly organized, problem solver is key, as is the ability to accomplish and manage multiple tasks from start to finish.
This role requires flexibility and adaptability as duties can fluctuate from day to day and is vital to supporting the overall success of Country Grocer’s Human Resources team!
As HR Advisor, your job encompasses some of the following:
- Recruitment & On-boarding: supporting our Department Managers through the recruitment process, interviewing, implementing and coordinating the employee orientation and onboarding program for our two Nanaimo stores
- Employee relations and engagement: coordinating celebrations of our Team Member’s achievement and assisting with various social events
- Coaching and empowering managers: supporting our Department Managers through conflict and HR related situations
- Strategic HR: working closely with our HR Manager, North Island on investigations, progressive discipline, researching and providing input for changes to policies and procedures
- Health & Safety: Serves as a member of our Joint Health & Safety Committees and maintains records, conducting investigations and inspections
- Administration: Preparing monthly performance reviews, writing letters & communications, maintaining uniform inventory, contract writing, preparing payroll forms, support for annual compensation planning
Additionally, we’d like to see these things in you:
- You can take a project and run with; you can multi-task and problem solve
- You have high standards when it comes to the details, nothing goes unnoticed by you!
- You can work independently but also enjoy team collaboration
- You value kindness and seek to work in a supportive and inclusive environment
- You are proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management required
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent in transferable skills
- CPHR designation or working towards designation would be considered an asset
- Familiar with the following (or similar) software: zoom, slack, Microsoft suite
- Travel between Nanaimo stores required with own vehicle (mileage covered)
Ready to apply?
Please direct your detailed cover letter and resume to Bhreagh Battand, HR Manager, North Island. Tell us why you’d be a great addition to our awesome HR team.
Applications will be accepted until May 16, 2022 at 4pm. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply for this Job Back to Job Postings