Apply for this Job
Job Title: HR Manager
Location Name: Admin
Are you an HR leader who thrives in a people-first culture? Are you energized by providing solutions in a rapidly-evolving HR landscape? Do you love the feeling of achievement when you “own” a task from start to finish? Are you known for your excellent follow-through and second-to-none organization skills?
If so, read on!
Country Grocer is looking for a confident, proactive, people-oriented and results-driven Human Resources Manager to join their HR Team. This position is a hybrid role work arrangement, based out of our Royal Oak location.
Reporting to the Operations Managers and working closely with our leaders, this position is an integral part of our well-established HR Team. Our HR Manager is a key player in the development and implementation of HR strategies for our three South Island stores. No two days are the same, making this an excellent opportunity for continuous learning and ongoing leadership development.
As HR Manager, you will:
● Provide stellar HR service in support of 200+ team members across our South Island locations.
● Design Team Member training courses in Customer Service and Leadership; lead in-person
training seminars as required.
● Develop and lead Diversity, Inclusive, & Equality initiatives; foster an inclusive workplace culture
for all Team Members.
● Collaborate with HR team members to merge best practices dealing with total compensation
plans, HRIS, recruitment and strategic initiatives.
● Serve as a member of our Joint Health & Safety Committees; process short-term and long-term
WorkSafeBC, medical and disability claims; facilitate leaves of absence.
● Manage intricate workplace investigations and provide conflict resolution strategies; coach and
empower our Department Managers through a progressive discipline process.
● Ensure all actions comply with all provincial and federal employment legislation and regulations.
● Stay up to date on best HR approaches to policies and procedures.
● A degree in Human Resources Management.
● 3+ years of progressive experience in an HR generalist capacity, including 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
● Tech savvy and proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
● In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices.
● CPHR designation (or working towards) would be considered an asset.
● Previous experience supporting front-line employees in a fast-paced 7-day-per-week operational asset.
● A proven track record of nurturing positive stakeholder relationships at all levels.
● Leads with kindness and empathy, working as a guiding light to foster a supportive and inclusive environment
● A valid BC drivers license and vehicle are required for travel to and from worksites
The Compensation and Perks!
- Starting at 60k
- Paid sick days
- RRSP matching program
Wait, there’s more!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program- 15% off your groceries!
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
Country Grocer has been a grocery provider for over 30 years on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island. Family-owned and operated, Country Grocer has earned a reputation as a truly local company with a deep commitment to our surrounding communities and to the Island’s farmers, growers and producers. We continue to grow and thrive by staying true to these same principles: provide our customers with quality products, competitive pricing, exceptional service and an unwavering commitment to the communities we serve.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
‘Country Grocery HR Manager.’
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Country Grocer, we welcome all ages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, cultures, religions and beliefs. We value people and the skills they bring to our team and are committed to providing a safe, supportive and open environment for all of our employees.Apply for this Job Back to Job Postings