HR Manager, South Island
Apply for this Job
Job Title: HR Manager, South Island
Location Name: Royal Oak
Apply Before Date: 14/08/2022
Celebrating over three decades on Vancouver Island, family-owned and operated Country Grocer has earned a reputation as a truly local company with a deep commitment to our local communities and to the Island’s famers, growers and producers. We’re committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our team members to grow personally and professionally. Our message is simple, but it’s one we strive to deliver each and everyday: here, you’ll feel like family!
We’re looking for the right professional to fill the role of Human Resources Manager, South Island. This position will work collaboratively with the existing HR Team and will provide full spectrum generalist support for our three South Island stores. The right fit is someone who is confident, proactive, professional, detail oriented and people-focused. Being a highly organized, problem solver is key, as is the ability to accomplish and manage multiple tasks from start to finish.
This role requires flexibility and adaptability as duties can fluctuate from day to day and is vital to supporting the overall success of Country Grocer’s workforce.
As HR Manger, your job encompasses some of the following:
- Execute HR initiatives, providing exceptional workforce (200+ team members) support across our South Island locations
- Manage complex workplace investigations and provide conflict resolution strategies; coach and empower our Department Managers through progressive discipline process
- Research and provide input for changes to policies and procedures; work alongside North Island HR Manager to merge best practices- total compensation plan, HRIS, recruitment and other strategic initiatives
- Serve as a member of our Joint Health & Safety Committees; process short-term and long-term WorkSafeBC, medical and disability claims; facilitate leaves of absence
- Design Team Member training courses in Customer Service and Leadership; lead in-person training seminars as required
- Develop and lead Diversity, Inclusive, & Equality initiatives; foster an inclusive workplace culture for all Team Members
- Ensure all actions comply with all provincial and federal employment legislation and regulations
Additionally, we’d like to see these things in you:
- You have an understanding and experience with most core aspects of Human Resource Management
- You know how to build and manage relationships at all levels of the organization
- You can take a project and run with it; you have a “let’s find a solution” approach
- You have high standards when it comes to the details
- You can work independently but also enjoy team collaboration
- You value kindness and seek to work in a supportive and inclusive environment
- You are proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) and are adaptable to new technology
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management is required
- 2-3 years progressive Human Resources experience; CPHR designation or working towards designation would be considered an asset
- Ideal candidate has experience supporting front-line employees, in a fast-paced 7-day/ week operation
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Office environment based out of our Royal Oak location
- Travel between Nanaimo, Cobble Hill and Victoria stores is required with own vehicle (mileage covered)
Ready to apply?
- Please direct your detailed cover letter and resume to Vanessa Nevison, HR Manager, South Island. Tell us why you’d be a great addition to our HR team.
- Applications will be accepted until August 14th at midnight. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.