Esquimalt Part-time Meat Clerk
Job Title: Esquimalt Part-time Meat Clerk
Location Name: Esquimalt
Apply Before Date:
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated team player? Do top quality meats have you salivating? If so, then this may be the perfect job opportunity for you! Our Esquimalt store is looking to welcome a new part-time Meat Clerk to our team! Our ideal candidate will bring their passion for delivering outstanding customer service and a “get the job done” attitude. If this sounds like you, keep reading to know more!
Who we are:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team working environment, family is always top of our mind.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends for approximately 16-32 hours/week
- Must be available for closing + clean up shifts
What we need from you:
- A desire to provide outstanding customer service to our loyal customers
- A high level of motivation and a proactive attitude
- A heightened attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- An ability to prioritize tasks, follow directions and manage time
- A willingness to work both autonomously and with at team
- A desire to comply with established department procedures and safe work practices
- A willingness to learn and openness to coaching and feedback
- Ability to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- A willingness to work with raw meat
What will you do?
- Provide premier customer service by greeting customers and responding to questions and making recommendations
- Assist with preparing customer’s orders and wrapping meat
- Receive, stock, face and rotate products
- Maintain general cleanliness of the meat department and greater store environment
- Perform other duties as required
Experience and Education:
- Current Food Safe certification is an asset, however Country Grocer will cover the cost of certification upon successful hire
- One year experience working in a meat department is an asset; knowledgeable on the different cuts of meat
- Ability to safely bend, twist and lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to walk and stand for the duration of scheduled shift
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety procedures
Here are some of the perks we have to offer:
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements
A note regarding our response to COVID-19:
The safety and wellness of our Team Members is our absolute priority. We are dedicated to monitoring new information closely, implementing all precautions, following regular cleaning and sanitizing practices, and communicating with our Team Members to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings