Esquimalt Full-time Cut Fruit Clerk
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Esquimalt Full-time Cut Fruit Clerk
Location Name: Esquimalt
Esquimalt Country Grocer is seeking a Full–time Cut Fruit Clerk. This position is responsible for the creation of fresh produce items, including salsas and a variety of fruit and veggie trays. This position is also responsible for cutting, packaging and merchandising fruit within the Produce department, as well as displays and inventory control.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings and weekends
- 40 hours per week
What will you do:
- Cut, slice and trim an assortment of fruits and vegetables to create attractive fresh platters and trays
- Maintain product displays and signage
- Keep shelves stocked, organized and clean
- Receive orders and confirm shipments
- Perform other duties as required
What makes you a great candidate?
- A desire to provide outstanding customer service to our loyal customers
- A heightened attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A high level of motivation and a proactive attitude
- A willingness to learn and openness to coaching and feedback
- The ability to comply with established department procedures and safe work practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate and be a team player
Experience and Education:
- Previous produce experience is an asset
- Previous kitchen experience is an asset
The Compensation and Perks!
- No experience $15.65/hour; $16.30+ for demonstrated experience
- Full extended health benefits package at 6 months
- Self-directed RRSP and company matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick days
Wait, there’s more!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements