Esquimalt Full-time Bakery/Deli Clerk
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Esquimalt Full-time Bakery/Deli Clerk
Location Name: Esquimalt
Esquimalt Country Grocery is looking for a Full-time Bakery/Deli Clerk to join their awesome team! This is a combined position working between two departments. Ideal candidate will have previous food experience and flexible availability. Apply today and enjoy 15% off your groceries, flexible hours and an inclusive, fun work environment!
- You’ll work behind our Deli service counter engaging with customers while wrapping and packaging fresh food goodness
- When there’s a break in the customer rush, your responsibilities include re-stocking the showcase, preparing special orders, tidying up, and taking on those extra special tasks
- Ensure all prepared bakery items are properly labeled, covered and rotated and that shelves are stocked
- Prepare and package cookies, cakes and bread, and ice donuts and decorate cakes
- Perform other duties as required
- You have 1 years’ experience in food preparation and production
- You’re friendly and loaded with personality
- You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- You thrive off of pressure and prioritize the small details
- You like to work by yourself, but even better you like to work with a team
- You take established department procedures and safe work practices seriously
The Compensation and Perks!
- No experience $15.65/hour; $16.30+ for demonstrated experience
- Full extended health benefits package at 6 months for Full-time Team Members
- Self-directed RRSP and company matching program for Full-time Team Members
- Paid vacation time for Full-time Team Members
- Paid sick days
Wait, there’s more!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievement