Esquimalt Deli Manager
Job Title: Esquimalt Deli Manager
Location Name: Esquimalt
Our Esquimalt location is looking to welcome a new Deli Manager to our team!
The Deli Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and directing all aspects of the Deli department, including maintaining budgets, reducing employee turnover, and consistently offering stellar customer service. If you are an experienced leader with a passion for meats and cheeses, this may be the job for you!
Who we are:
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team-working environment, family is always top of our mind.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- 40 hours per week
What we need from you:
- You’re knowledgeable about fine meats, cheeses and fresh ready to go meals
- You’re a natural born leader and you know how to lead and inspire your team to be their best at work
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person
- You work with intensity and you like roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You’re efficient, organized and enjoy working through challenges
- You manage time efficiently and adapt to changing priorities while working in a high-volume environment
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact
- You have 2 years of relative deli or grocery store leadership experience
Some of what you will do:
- Be responsible for sales, profits, and budgets of the department
- Supervise team members and create a positive work environment
- Maintain general cleanliness in the grocery department and store
- Provide premier customer service, including greeting customers and responding to questions and making recommendations
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to safely bend, twist and lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to walk and stand for the duration of scheduled shift
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety procedures
Here are some of the perks we have to offer:
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements
A note regarding our response to COVID-19:
The safety and wellness of our Team Members is our absolute priority. We are dedicated to monitoring new information closely, implementing all precautions, following regular cleaning and sanitizing practices, and communicating with our Team Members to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.