Assistant Meat Manager
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Assistant Meat Manager
Location Name: Esquimalt
Country Grocer a family-owned and operated company on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island for over three decades has earned a reputation as a truly local company with a deep commitment to our local communities and to Island’s farmers, growers, and producers.
Country Grocer at Esquimalt is looking for a Assistant Meat Manager (FULL-TIME) to join our family! The meat department is responsible for providing a “WOW” factor with our eye-catching and mouth-watering display, and superb helpful service that make our customer in awe.
- Functions as department point person for all Meat department needs in the absence of the Meat Manager
- Works with Meat Manager to achieve sales, ordering, and staffing goals and requirements; writes schedules as needed
- Assists Meat Manager with inventory management and ordering needs
- Trains and motivates Team Members in a way that encourages customer service excellence and minimizes turnover
- Co-manages Team Member performance review process; ensures timely feedback is communicated
- Assist in progressive discipline processes and all documentation when requested by Department Manager
- Ensures that the highest quality of customer service is provided; maintains awareness of customer needs and directs Team Members help as necessary
- Co-leads a positive team environment and fosters inclusion
- Prioritizes Team Member safety; ensures policies and procedures are followed
- Performs other duties as required such as meat cutting, clean up and stocking
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience in food services or grocery environment
- Ability to communicate and direct team members of department in order to achieve expected results
- Ability to analyze situations, identify problems and implement solutions
- Strong numeral skills to ensure accurate weigh and price labeling
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, people management skills
- Ability to identify problem and solution-oriented skills
- Ability to safely bend, twist, and lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to work flexible hours
Starting Wage: $21 per hour.
- Full extended health benefits package at 6 months
- Self-directed RRSP and company matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick days
Our amazing perks!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements