Cobble Hill Full-time Baker
Job Title: Cobble Hill Full-time Baker
Location Name: Cobble Hill
If you’re seeking fulfilling career in the bakery biz, then you’ve found it! We are looking for someone awesome and experienced in all things sweet (and savory) to join our team at our Cobble Hill store location as a Full-time Baker. If you have that extra ingredient that we need then apply today!
- As a Full-time Baker, you’ll be baking up a storm and wowing our customers with your delicious creations.
- You’ll offer top-notch service and ensure all prepared bakery items are properly labeled, covered and rotated and that shelves are stocked to the brim!
- Additionally, you will prepare and package cookies, pastries and bread, and ice donuts and cakes.
- When there is downtime, you’ll tidy up the department or take on any other required duties.
- You’re knowledgeable about breads and pastries and have relevant baking experience
- You’re good with people and strive to be your best self at work
- You’re eager to provide premier customer service and have an awesome attitude
- You’re efficient, organized and you like to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impression
- You have or you’re working toward your Red Seal Baker certificate
Our Motto is “You’ll Feel like Family” which we embody in everything we do – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team working environment, family is always top of our mind. Our goal is to be Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island’s favorite local grocer!
- Get paid every Friday!
- Special Team Member Discount Program
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Pay increases linked to performance
- Flexible schedules posted in advance
- Team Member assistance and wellness program
- A positive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Recognition programs that regularly celebrate achievements
- Weekday, 4 am opening shifts
- Weekend availability – including Sundays
- Bakery or equivalent experience is a must
- Current Food Safe certification is an asset, however Country Grocer will cover the cost of certification upon successful hire
- Ability to safely bend, twist, reach and lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to walk and stand for the duration of scheduled shift
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment and follow all established safety procedures
A note regarding our response to COVID-19:
The safety and wellness of our Team Members is our absolute priority. We are dedicated to monitoring new information closely and implementing all precautions, such as mandatory mask usage, limited customer counts, routine cleaning and sanitizing practices, and regularly communicating with our Team Members to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job Postings